Sunday, November 18, 2018

It Starts with Giving Back…


There’s not a day in the past few years where I haven’t yearned to do something in order to give back to my society. Living in a country, India, where there is a prominence of poverty amidst plenty, I awoke from the shackles from my protected walls and witnessed the grim realities of life. It deeply saddens me to live in great comfort and have all these undeserved gifts of birth while there are many suffering around me.
After volunteering at an underprivileged school named "Samarthanam”, I was enlightened to start an independent project for a cause I truly believed in. During my time at the school, I realised how an unknown, untreated vision problem is not letting few children reach up to their true potential. The parents of these children, who probably earn just enough for their basic necessities, probably can’t afford to think about eyesight when they have to keep in mind their sustenance. I couldn’t allow myself to be among the large majority of people who believe in a cause but take no action towards it. I had my mind fixed towards attempting to solve this often overlooked problem and began my project named ‘MISSION VISION’.
Image credit: Pexels Free Stock images

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Words of Vision I am excited and wish I could capture a few more moments of the last mission vision camp like this. I came across th...